We at The Renew Foundation believe that civic participation is a key element of a successful society and a well-functioning and just democracy where all voices are heard.
We believe in the benefits of bringing more under-represented groups and representatives into the democratic process. A separate and distinct project focussing on electoral registration as a recognisable social good.
We are committed to the ongoing endeavour of widening participation, for both potential candidates and improved levels of electoral registration and voting.
- The Renew Foundation supporting independent-minded candidates.
- Providing candidacy support to Independent-minded candidates standing for office, at all levels, throughout the UK, in the form of training, design, social media, printed media, PR, Comms, data, tech and campaign advice.
- Providing a central platform for candidates from different regions to support one another with technical, electoral and campaign advice and moral support.
- Providing a nationally-recognised endorsement (or kitemark) covering online vetting, DBS-check and values pledge.
- Throughout the UK
- Local and national elections and by-elections
- In order to constantly improve, rejuvenate and reform our civic and political systems and processes and to provide both better and broader representation and outcomes for voters/citizens.
- Offering support and service to independent, non-party-affiliated candidates and potential candidates.
- More candidates from less represented and less privileged backgrounds, from outside of the traditional pool of political recruits.
- More community political engagement
- More representative candidates in elections
- More independent councillors and MPs
- More engaging political campaigns
- Young people with new political skills
- More diverse representatives
- More advocates from political reform present in politics
- Ongoing renewal and rejuvenation of political engagement amongst individuals, communities, voters and candidates.
In order to maintain a standard of quality, all Renew Foundation-supported candidates must commit to the following charter.
As an Independent for Renew candidate, I agree to act according to the following principles:
- The principle of electoral and political reform in the UK
- Opposition to nationalism, populism, and all forms of prejudice.
- Opposition to extremism and political efforts to divide society rather than unite it.
- Commitment to calm, rational debate and agreement to avoid inflammatory language online and in person.
- Commitment to evidence-based policy and decision-making.
- Commitment to the principle of working across political divides and participating in cross-party dialogue and initiatives, locally and nationally.
Make A Quick Donation
Help us to build this movement and support deserving candidates around the country.